Five in 2015

I took a good chunk of time off, over the holidays to wind downwards after the busy year. And I ended up doing a whole lot of cipher – vegging out on the burrow, playing cards with my family, etc. It was awesome.

Subsequently a week and one-half of winding down though, you'd probably presume (I did too) that I'd be ready to become back to work super refreshed and feeling set up to tackle the world, just that's not what happened.

When Sunday rolled around, I ended up feeling similar I needed more fourth dimension. More time to relax, more fourth dimension to practice nothing. Merely more time in general.

I hadn't set aside any days to reflect on 2022 nevertheless, nor had I written downwards a list of goals or resolutions for 2015. I didn't feel ready to tackle much of anything, much less the world. Eek.

I started thinking about why it had been then important to me to reverberate on the by year before moving frontward into the side by side. Was I coming up with excuses? Should I assume that considering I didn't immediately jump on the resolutions bandwagon that I'm destined for a subpar twelvemonth?Or maybe I just needed the fourth dimension off more than I needed to plan for the side by side year? I fell asleep without any answers and woke up the same.

BUT whatever the answer may actually exist, I'one thousand just going to embrace what is.

I don't have it all figured out, and I don't have to but because 2022 has now arrived. Right?

Pineapple, Anyone?

Surprisingly, one time I came to terms with that, it kind of freed up my mind to recollect near those things I was previously stressing over… A path for the hereafter, things I hope to accomplish this yr, etc.Funny how that happens, huh?

I decided not to label these 'things' every bit goals or resolutions for the future. Instead, information technology's just stuff I want to work on in 2015.

Curious to know my 5 for 2015? Here ya go…

1. Endeavour new things. In my personal life and in my business. Information technology's piece of cake to get set in your ways, and I am certainly guilty of that from time to time. And then, this is number 1 on my listing. 2022 is going to be an adventure. Which means trying new things, fifty-fifty if they brand me experience uncomfortable.

ii. Encounter the bigger picture. This goes for business and my personal life. In year'south past, I often felt like I was just trying to go on my head above h2o and get all of my to-dos done on time. This year, I'll be stepping back (figuratively) a lot more than to run into the bigger picture. Recognizing what things I'm doing well, what things need to be improved upon, and how each and everything I am doing is helping me work towards a larger goal. Whatever that larger (unspecified) goal may be.

three. Have meliorate intendance of myself and others. This is a large 1. It is then like shooting fish in a barrel to focus on work, work, work for me and completely neglect taking care of myself and/or the people around me. Exercising, eating well, nurturing my relationships with family unit and friends, etc. This year, I'chiliad working on it. All of it.

four. Travel more than. This past yr, I was fortunate plenty to exercise a decent corporeality of traveling (for business and pleasure). But in 2015, I desire to striking the travel problems hard.The posts I shared from our trip to St Thomas / USVI last year were some of the almost pinned posts of the yr, which makes me think that you'd exist interested in seeing more travel posts around these parts as well. Only let me know if I'grand incorrect in assuming that. I won't cry, I promise.

5. Challenge myself creatively.I of my major passions is this web log, of form. But I have other interests as well, and this year, I desire to challenge myself to pursue those interests (alongside the blog). Namely, styling, which I'd ideally similar to add every bit an arm of the Paper & Stitch brand. I'll be integrating this side a little more than with the web log redesign, which is coming before long (yay). In the meantime though, if you know anyone looking to hire a prop stylist (either locally in Atlanta or nationally), I'd love to conversation with you lot. Shoot me an electronic mail here brittni(at)papernstitch(dot)com.

Alright. It's your plough! I kind of spilled my guts almost this whole resolutions and goals thing. And so I'grand curious to know what your opinion is. And…Did yous find it tough to get dorsum into the swing of things this calendar week or were you ready and raring to get?